Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slowed down Sunday

Another 'Lyle' breakfast...but this McDonalds is not at all like the MickeyD's back in Hastings. I have ordered Sausage McMuffins twice and got Sausage Bisquits instead. Probably the buttons are close together on the screen...or the cashier is just not paying attention. Personally, I think the problem is the latter. We decided to walk around more in the State Park. We walked up to the Pioneer Frarm Village. The only place happening was the blacksmith shop. There was a young fellow there banging away on a piece of iron under the watchful eyes of the 'Master' blacksmith. I remember doing that while my Dad taught me some of the tenents of working metal. Then we hunted until we found the Grist Mill. Lori finds Grist to be a difficult word to pronounce. She is getting educated on it though. I found the Grist Mill much more interesting than anything else in the park. Most likely because I have used Grist mills before, while I have never made iron ore into pig iron. I would not want to actuallyo. That ranks right up there with being a coal miner to me! Then we returned to camp. Our last quarter of a Subway sandwich was waiting. After Lori's essential nap, we got out our fiddle and guitar and made music. The campground is getting more and more deserted. A young fellow came over, a mandolin player who Did Not bring his mandolin, and listened for a spell. He played us a song he had written,of the Christian Variety. He has a good voice, and the song was pretty good as well. He sang harmony on 'Peace in the Valley' with me. Too soon,he had to go to supper. We played for about 2 hours, working on our new songs. They are coming along. MickeyD screwed up again on our supper...No Southwest Salad. We had to make do with a Bacon Chicken Ranch salad instead. The more I try to use that store the less I like it! Well, tomorrow's breakfast will be the last we will see of that! Monday we will head to TN and Don and Diane.... BTW, Lori says Bisquits should be Biscuits....I however, am not so sure! She laughed until tears flowed....oh, well!

No comments: